Ever heard of the 11 General Orders?
It’s something like that.
1. I will protect my family at all cost. I will do my best to act in the best interest of my family. I will always keep in mind that my actions will affect not only me but also the those that I love.
2. I will strive to be the best version of myself. I will do my best to live life with integrity and to live a life with dignity. I will not let my arrogance blind me from seeing when I need to change so I can become a better person. I will always do my best in whatever endeavour no matter how small my part is.
3. I will do my best to be a positive influence to people. I will be a responsible role model to my younger cousins and to the world at large. I am not big enough to change the whole world, but I will do my best to make as much positive change as I can.
4. I will not let my fear get in the way of my dreams and my happiness.
5. I will work hard to achieve my dreams. I will not let myself rely on people to give me the things that I want and provide for my needs. I will not let myself become dependent on the assistance that people gives me. I will not let myself forget that nobody has any obligation to help me or provide for my needs; that if they do, it is because they want to and it is my responsibility to make sure I can stand on my own.
6. I will be happy but not at the expense of other people. I will always make sure that my happiness doesn’t hurt others. I will not be selfish and will be sensitive enough to know when I am already causing pain to others.
7. I will love the same way I was loved and the only way I know: unconditionally. I will love without buts or ifs. I will only give a love that is honest and whole for people’s hearts are not playthings that can be replaced when it breaks. Everyone deserves to be loved unconditionally and wholeheartedly and for as long as I live, this is the only kind of love I will strive to give.
8. I will not let myself forget that I am human and I am not superior to anyone. I will be confident with what I can do but I will not be arrogant to think that I am better than everyone else.
9. I will be open-minded especially in learning new things. It is not possible for one human to hold all the knowledge in the universe, therefore I must always acknowledge that I still have so much to learn. I will respect people’s beliefs, culture and tradition. I will seek to understand people’s choices and lifestyle and respect them for it.
10. I will keep the promise I made to God that I will keep myself pure until He gives me that one person He reserved for me. My body is my responsibility and I will make sure I will live my life protecting that promise until it can be fulfilled.
11. I will cast my burden to God for He knows what is in my heart and what is best for me. I will not let despair drag me down. I will not let frustrations lead me astray. I will let God guide me and let His will be done.
Posted via Mobile.
*I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors. Proofreading via mobile is a challenge for me.*