Because why not? Anyone can have a new year’s resolution. Anyone is entitled to set a goal for the coming year. It is a new year after all. New hope, new chance.
I had one too last year and I don’t think I accomplished any of it. #LoserMuch. I am however a person who doesn’t easily give up, so I will try again this year.
So here are the things I’ll probably end up not doing in 2015:
1. I will minimize my soda consumption. Key word: “minimize” because “stop” is a rather strong word. I like to take things slowly.
2. Convince self that spending time with people is actually a good idea. And with spending time, I don’t mean just sitting there pretending I actually like the rest of humanity. I mean actually interacting with people not just absentmindedly nodding my head because I’m bored.
3. It is not good to imagine squishing people when they piss me off. This is so psycho and unhealthy. People are not ants. I will endeavor to find a more healthy stress relieving activity.
4. Accept that some of my friends are becoming more and more social zombies than actual human beings. I promise I will not silently imagine grabbing their phones and smacking them with it when they invite me out and then spend the whole time browsing their phones. However, I will keep my promise to avoid (as much as possible) spending time with my phone or gadget when in public (except when I’m really pissed because without a diversion it’s going to be bloody). I will remind myself that if I would rather spend time with my phone, I’d better stay in my room instead. It will be more economical and practical.
TL;DR: Some friends are social zombies, leave them be. If you go out and spend time on your phone, stay at home.
5. Facebook is nice but I will spend more time with my blog. Instead of post-flooding my friends’ newsfeed and annoying everyone with every single post, I will exercise my brain and put more effort on my blog. This way, they just have to read one really long post and be annoyed once. Alright?
6. We are in the 21st Century and SMS is already the trend, it has been so for more than 10 years now. So, I will do my best to respond to people when they send a text message. I will respond promptly and actually read their message instead of just checking the push notification and forgetting about the message until a week or two after. I will remind myself that I am now using SMS not snail mail.
TL;DR: Will text back in 2015. 🙂
7. I will not ignore calls even if I am in the middle of a game. I will not leave the phone ringing until the person gets tired of calling. Or at least if I actually notice the phone ringing. ( My phone is always on silent mode. I hate the sound of a ringing phone.)
8. Being honest is not always good. Even if it is a very exhausting thing to tell people a white lie to spare their overly sensitive feelings, I will do my best to do so because it is easier to ‘spare their feelings’ than endure the drama that follows. I still think people these days are overly insecure and sensitive that anything you say or do hurt their feelings.
TL; DR: Be less honest when answering questions in 2015. Apparently when someone asks you if they look fat, it is not good to say yes.
9. Find something better to do than play online games on rest days. Volunteer or something. ( I volunteer to sleep and eat more in 2015. Will this count?)
10. Since my first instinct is to laugh in the face of really serious situations, I will train myself to react appropriately to a situation i.e but not limited to, laughing at people when they are arguing and laughing when someone is crying. Even if things always seem 10x funnier when the situation is so serious, laughing at the most inappropriate moments is still considered rude by the general society. It is not normal and it is very insensitive. So, I will do my best to behave accordingly. So help me God.
I cannot promise that I can fulfill everything but I will do my best. I will make it my mission to be a sociable, well-mannered woman in 2015. LOL.
posting from mobile via WordPress for Blackberry.